Frequently Asked Questions
- Festival gates open 12 noon Thursday 12th June 2014
- Wristband must be worn at all times
- Parking Passes required
- The Festival is for all ages. Under 12 go free
(you need to book child tickets in advance)
Box Office Opening Times
- The campsite A3 box office opens on Thursday 12th June at 12 noon and stays open until Sunday evening
- Friday A5 (Medina) box office opens at 2pm, and closes at 11pm
- Saturday A5 (Medina) box office opens at 11am, and closes at 11pm
- Sunday A5 (Medina) box office opens at 11am, and closes at 9pm
- How do I get to the Isle of Wight?
Crossing the water is easy! Click here for all the different travel options
- BY FOOT
Foot Passenger Catamaran from Portsmouth Harbour to Ryde Pier in less than 20 minutes. If you are coming to the Festival by train this is the best route as the ferry departs from Portsmouth Harbour train station.
Red Funnel Red Jet
The Red Jet hi-speed foot passenger service runs every 30 mins throughout the day from Southampton to West Cowes.
You can reach the Isle of Wight in less than 10 mins! Departing from Southsea seafront the Hovercraft takes you right up to the seafront in Ryde. If you are travelling by train please leave the train at the Portsmouth and Southsea station and use the connecting shuttle service for £1.30 per person.
Festival buses are available on arrival to take you to the Festival site. £6 per person
- BY CAR
Wightlink offer two car routes.
Portsmouth to Fishbourne (approx 40 minutes)
Lymington to Yarmouth (approx 35 minutes)
Southampton to East Cowes
Please note: Customers travelling with a vehicle are requested to arrive at least 30 minutes and not more than 60 minutes prior to their booked sailing time.
What does car + 7 actually mean
It means you can have up to 7 persons in the car if the vehicle is made to carry that many people. You canâ€™t have 4 in the car and then 3 people walk on the ferry
- BY COACH
BIG GREEN COACH COMPANY
Simply jump on board one of their executive coaches direct to the Festival site. All coaches arrive on the Thursday (London Victoria has an additional Friday service) and all return home on the Monday.
Picking up from: Birmingham, Bournemouth, Brighton, Bristol, Leeds, Liverpool, London (Croydon), London (Richmond upon Thames), London (Victoria), Manchester, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading and Sheffield.
No need to worry about driving, parking and queuing!
- Can I buy my ticket in a payment plan scheme?
Yes, please Click here for details
- Can I buy day and weekend tickets at the same time?
Yes you can
- If I purchased travel & ticket together does that include parking?
No, you need to select parking when selecting your ticket types
- I don't know yet if I'm going to bring my car. Can I add parking to an existing booking?
Unfortunately that not possible as you will be charged additional postage fee. It works out cheaper if you purchase on the door if you already have made a booking.
- I live on the Isle of Wight, can I buy a ticket from a local box office?
Yes we have local box offices, please Click here for details.
- Do I need to purchase Weekend Ticket & Campervan pass to bring my Campervan?
Yes, you need Weekend Ticket for you to access the Festival and Campervan pass to camp in the Campervan field. Please Click here for details.
- Can I get a free Child's wristband at the Festival?
Children's Wristbands are available at the Box Office but subject to availability.
- Can I camp with a day ticket?
Camping is not permitted with a day ticket. If you wish to camp you can upgrade to a weekend ticket, to do this please contact your ticket provider.
I now can't attend, can I sell my ticket?
Yes, you can use our official secondary ticket partner Viagogo.
- What is the best time to arrive?
The campsite opens on Thursday 12th June at 12 noon and stays open until 12 noon Monday 15th June. Car parks open at 9am.
Strawberry Fields will be open on Thursday 12th June from 6pm-11pm. Penny Lane opens at 4pm.
Friday gates open at 2pm, the Arena closes at midnight, Strawberry Fields & Penny Lane close at 2am.
Saturday gates open at 11am, the Arena closes at midnight, Strawberry Fields & Penny Lane close at 2am.
Sunday gates open at 11am, the Arena closes at 11pm, Strawberry Fields & Penny Lane close at 1am.
We would advise those of you who would normally arrive after you've finished work on the Friday to take the afternoon off and arrive as soon after 2pm as possible to avoid the potential queues at peak time.
- If I come for the day, will I be able to get back to the mainland at the end of the night?
- Is Thursday night only available to campers?
Everyone with a weekend wristband can enjoy Thursday night entertainment.
- Do I need to pay for parking?
Yes, £15 in advance for the weekend or £20 on the door. Day parking is £10
- Are there local buses to the Festival?
All Festival shuttle buses arrive and depart from our own bus station on the campsite at Gate A3. If you are not camping, you can still arrive and depart from here. Click here for more details.
Normal routes will operate as usual, with the exception of routes 5,9 and 25 leaving Newport, which will not pass the Festival site due to the one way traffic system in place. The Newport Shuttle service connects Newport Bus Station (opposite Morrisons & M&S) to the Festival Bus Station.
The shuttle service will operate Thursday to Sunday 7am to 2am.
Festival buses run to all island towns and villages from the Festival Bus Station from the end of the last main stage act until 2am with a flat fare of £6 single. Children pay half price.
- Is there a taxi rank?
Yes we have taxi ranks on site.
Gate A5 - for non-campers and day tickets holders to be dropped off and the best place to get a taxi at the end of the show but please note that during the following times there will be no exit from this rank:
Thursday 2230-2330, Friday 2330-0030, Saturday 2330-0030. Please do not arrange pre-booked pick-ups from A5.
At Gate A2 - for campers to be dropped off, pre-booked pick-ups and for campers going back to the ferries from late Sunday into Monday.
- What are considered professional cameras?
Any camera with a removable lens.
- Will you issue the band times before the Festival?
Band times will be released via our smartphone app each morning of the Festivalâ€. Look out for the download details nearer the time.
- Do we have to camp in designated camping fields?
No, it is first come first served unless you have registered for Family or Respect camping.
- When will wristbands be sent out?
Approximately 3 weeks before the Festival
- Can we just turn up and try and get into Respect or Family Camping?
No you need to register on our website as it has limited spaces.
What Can I Bring
- Can I bring alcohol into the Festival?
You are allowed to bring alcohol into the campsite but it must not be in glass bottles. You will not be allowed to bring alcohol into Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields or the Main Arena. Only water or non-alcoholic drinks in plastic bottles with unbroken seals (up to 500ml per person) are permitted into the Festival site. 300g gas canisters max.
- Can I bring in medical prescriptions? Example: Diabetic insulin?
You will need to provide a Doctors note, or it may be confiscated.
- Can I bring BBQs into the campsite?
Cooking will be permitted on gas stoves and disposable BBQs ONLY in designated areas. These must be used sensibly and in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. Cooking on gas where installed in a campervan parked within the official campervan area is also permitted. Cooking by all other means including open fires, BBQs (other than disposable) and any other kind of gas appliance is strictly prohibited and all such items will be confiscated. Cooking in tents is banned.
NO CAMP FIRES!
- Will my belongings be safe in the campsite?
The Festival and the Hampshire Constabulary are working together to keep crime levels down. Only bring with you what you can afford to lose. Please click here for our Festival Crime Prevention Advice.
Secure lockers with phone charging are also available, visit the LockerHouse website for more details.
- Can we bring in our own food?
Yes, but only into the campsite.
- Is there a set size on tent?
Please don't bring huge tents for one or two people - you will be asked to take it down. Be considerate!
How do I apply for a trading pitch at the Festival?
If you're interested in your stall having a pitch at the festival email any enquiries to email@example.com
- I'm a member of the press, who do I contact?
For print press and broadcast enquiries please contact Amazing Media firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsorship Enquiry?
For sponsorship enquiries please email email@example.com
- How can I apply to work at the Festival?
- I've got a different question!
For any other enquiries please email - firstname.lastname@example.org - Please note we receive a large number of emails to this account, and whilst we endeavour to reply to as many as possible there may be some delay. Please don't submit requests to play via this address.